8 Local Wedding Planning Resources
All things wedding-related... particularly helpful for Vancouver brides
1. the knot
Perhaps the most comprehensive wedding planning website on the planet, I spent hours reading and browsing through gorgeous pictures!
- Get "the knot LookBook" App on your phone! The easiest way ever to filter and look for the wedding gown/ring/bridesmaid dresses of your dreams.
- Boasted as the #1 social wedding community in Canada, I like using it as a starting point when looking for different vendors.
- Sign up for alerts with your favourite vendors... Weddingful will email you when they have a deal/sale!
- Lower Mainland, BC
- An almost daunting list of wedding venues to go through... but thank goodness they've compiled such an extraordinary list! I think I clicked every single link for fear I might miss the perfect venue...
- Check out their mouth-watering catering menus!
Follow @ohnikstudio for wedding photography tips, engagement shoot/wedding venues, invitations etiquette and more!
- A wonderful resource for the Vancouver bride.
- Check regularly for their "Deals & Freebies"!
- I love this list of Questions to Ask Your Venue: who knew there're so many things to consider?
An online marketplace where indie artists and craftspeople sell and buy handmade or vintage items. Fantastic for those looking one-of-a-kind pieces. (or that special wedding gift!)
- Psst... I got unique bridesmaids dresses as well as bridal accessories on Etsy at incredible prices!
- Also check out Ohnik Studio's Etsy Store:
- They're surprisingly helpful!
I'll be blogging about various budget-friendly (and super easy!) DIY wedding projects, many of which I used for my own wedding. Check out our most popular blog: "Help! How do I dye my white veil ivory?"